Is there anything new I can write about Avocado Toast?
Probably not, so I’m just going to write down the Top 5 things I love about it.
Seriously, I can’t think of an easier homemade breakfast. First, you toast bread. Then, you spread avocado and sprinkle stuff on it. Done.
There’s not that much one needs to do to make this breakfast. Refer to the steps written above.
Yes , avocado toast is loaded with fat-not the type that gives you a muffin top, but the good kind. Plus, it’s packed with vitamins C and B-6 so your immune system will be all boosted up.
I love lemons. I love it in my Ginger Lemon Tea, Basil Beerade and especially in my Lemon Velvet Cake. In my opinion, avocado toast ain’t avocado toast unless it has tons of lemon juice; and I thoroughly enjoy the tart and bright flavor it brings.
Most days I want something sweet for breakfast, like a muffin or my absolute favorite, Waffles of Insane Greatness. But sometimes I want something that’s not going to completely spike my blood sugar and make me power-nap ’til lunch. Enter the brilliance of avocado toast.
What about you? What do you love about avocado toast?
Recipe for Avocado Toast
- 1 slice of bread
- half of one avocado
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice, lime also works here
- lemon pepper, or cracked pepper and salt
- Double toast your bread. It should be nice and sturdy.
- Drizzle it with extra virgin olive oil.
- Scoop out avocado meat and mash onto toast.
- Spoon lemon juice over mashed avocado.
- Hit it with a copious amount of lemon pepper (or freshly cracked pepper and salt).