I have missed you guys. I’m serious…#forreal. We could squabble about why I was away for so long, but it is of no consequence. I have returned, this time with No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie.
Yesterday, was Dave’s birthday. Yay! I got him the best gift ever (at least he thought so) and we had dinner with his dad at an amazing restaurant. I want to be absolutely clear. If you’re anywhere near Palmdale, California you need to stop by Lee Esther’s Creole & Cajun Cafe. Order the Jambalaya with shrimp and tell them I sent you. Ok, skip the part about me because I’ve only been there once and they don’t know my name, but don’t sleep on that Jambalaya. It is slap-yo-mama good-#forreal (alright, seriously…I have to stop writing that)!
Now, about this no bake peanut butter cup pie…are you thinking I made it in honor of the best guy I’ve ever known?
Hell, nah! I made this pie for me! I’m crazy about peanut butter and chocolate, as you may remember from my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake post. Additionally, Bon Appetit said they “love it” so why the hell not? Still, I shared some of it with the Dman; I’m not a total bitch!
I love, love, love this pie. It’s super-easy, taste amazing and satisfies my peanut butter & chocolate craving every time. In all seriousness, make this pie now. Keep it to yourself. Hide it in the back of the frig. Give your best friend the evil eye when he asks for more than one piece…unless it’s his birthday. Then you can share a little bit more…but do so begrudgingly.
Recipe for No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 30 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1 cup creamy, unsalted peanut butter (I used salted)
- ½ cup honey or confectioners sugar, depending on your preference (I used honey. I like the silky texture it gives)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt (I used kosher salt)
- For the Chocolate Topping
- 1½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter or cream
- Fleur de sel, optional
- Spray 9 inch tart pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add crushed chocolate wafer cookies to chocolate-butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into tart pan evenly. I used the bottom of a 6-inch cake pan.
- Chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place peanut butter in small bowl and melt for about 15 seconds or until runny.
- Add honey or powdered sugar and combine.
- Pour into prepared crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place pie in the frig to chill.
- Place chocolate chips and butter(or cream) in microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30 second bursts. Stir until smooth and pourable.
- Remove pie from frig and top with melted chocolate.
- Spread chocolate into every nook and swirl to make a beautiful pattern. Sprinkle with Fleur de sel, if using.
- Busy yourself with mundane tasks while the pie chills for 1 hour.