Vegan Chocolate Avocado Truffles!
The thought of it had my brain twisted. If somebody told me two weeks ago that melted chocolate plus whipped avocado equals a wonderfully creamy dessert, I would’ve laughed in their face. Ok, maybe not “in their face”, but as soon as they turned their back to me…
I gotta thank Dorothy Kern from Crazy for Crust. I found her recipe on Pinterest and was mesmerized. I mean, look at these truffles!
Usually, I don’t give a damn about healthy desserts. When the sweet craving hits me, I’m looking to be satisfied. Wait, that sounded dirty. Whatever, it’s the truth. Give me the full fat cake, the fully loaded cookies, and the chocolate waffles covered in peanut butter sauce. I’m just saying…fat equals flavor. Y’all know it’s true.
The fat in truffles typically come from cream, but of course, that won’t cut it in a vegan dessert. The cream has been replaced with whipped avocado which is combined with melted chocolate. To give the chocolate flavor a boost, I added a little bit of espresso powder. Add some vanilla extract and voilà, you’re almost there.
Now, you have to wait. Or not. I suppose you could grab a spoon and go to town on the truffle mixture. Go ahead….your business is your business. However, if you want your truffles to be cute-as-hell (yeah, I just wrote that), it must chill for a few hours.
I suggest you wait. The result is magnificent when you do.
Recipe for Vegan Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Recipe for Vegan Chocolate Avocado Truffles from Crazy for Crust
- 1 c quality semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ¼ t espresso powder, optional, but you should really add it
- Place avocado meat in food processor.
- Whip until smooth, making sure to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and heat for 90 seconds.
- Every 30 seconds, remove bowl and stir chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted add the whipped avocado and mix well.
- Add espresso powder and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Cover with seran wrap and chill until solidified, approximately 3 hrs.
- Use 2 t scoop to make truffles, I used a leveled size 70 scoop.
- Coat with sprinkles, powdered sugar, chopped roasted walnuts or whatever your heart desires.