Ok. So, here it is…my use of profanity.
I’m not going to lie to you. I like profanity. I like to use it and I have zero problems when others do. It doesn’t offend me in any way whatsoever. Of course, there are some people who don’t feel the same way.
If you don’t care for profanity, I won’t judge you. It’s not my job to criticize people for the things they say or do.
If you think ‘amazeballs,’ is the coolest word on the planet…sure, that sounds great. Not a problem.
If you wanna rock black dress socks with your shorts in the summertime…hey, man, that’s your business. More power to ya, I say.
If you think Justin Bieber is a musical genius….fine by me. Put the Biebs on 10 and sing to your heart’s content.
The point is we are who we are. If you’re happy with yourself, who cares what the next guy thinks. Life is short. Enjoy yourself. That’s what I’m gonna do, with a big plate of white chocolate lavender cookies, no less.
Ok, so it looks like I’ve been on a white chocolate kick, as of late. If you’re on one too, check out these white chocolate heart bars; they’re super-moist and yummy. And I don’t use the term ‘yummy’ willy-nilly…know what I’m sayin’?
White chocolate and lavender is a different way to enjoy chocolate chips cookies. Yeah, man. They don’t all have to be filled with the sweet taste of semi sweet chocolate. Have fun with it. Change it up! And if people don’t like it, let f-bombs fly with a smile on your face.
Or don’t. It doesn’t really matter. Here’s what does: cookies = happiness. So get to it.
Recipe for White Chocolate Lavender Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, 8 ounces
- 2¼ cups bread flour, 12 ounces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, 2 ounces
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, 8 ounces
- 1 egg, large
- 1 egg yolk, large
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups white chocolate chunks, 9 ounces
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender, more for garnish
- Place butter in small pan and melt over low heat. Allow to cool.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Pour melted butter into mixing bowl.
- Add both sugars. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- In a measuring cup mix egg, egg yolk, milk, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Slowly add egg-mixture to the bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add flour while scraping down the bowl.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in white chocolate chunks and lavender by hand.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit and place racks on top and bottom third of oven.
- Place parchment or silpats on 4 half-sheet pans.
- Scoop dough into 1.5 ounce portions ( I used a size 24 scoop.)
- Place 6 cookies on pan. (You can place more than scoops but the more scoops you place on each pan, the more the cookies will spread.)
- Sprinkle s couple of lavender buds on top of each cookie, optional
- Bake for 12-14 minutes rotating the pans, halfway through.
- Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Stuff several in your face.