Hello Everyone and Happy All Things Thursday!
I hope everyone is alive and well out there. How are you? Ready for Halloween? Scarfing down chocolate candy in bulk? Buying up local/organic/free range turkeys and prepping for Thanksgiving, are we? Awesome! Thought I’d chat you up and share a few things with ya. Let’s get started!
I’m excited to read Leanne Brown’s Good and Cheap: Eat Well On $4/Day: a cookbook based on the amount of money the U.S. government gives the underprivileged in food stamps. It provides healty recipes on a budget and it’s for a good cause. If you buy a copy of the book one will be donated to a person or family in need. Yes, you can download the pdf for free but purchase a copy, if you can. Good deeds are well rewarded, karma-style.
- Ever thought about social media and the anxiety it may cause? Michael Seidlinger discusses it at length in Everyday I Want to Quit Social Media. Buzzfeed
- Dave loves all things Italian so I’m super excited to make this crockpot spaghetti sauce by Eating On A Dime
- This pork, poblano, and pumpkin stew looks divine. Kudos to the ktichn on the alliteration, as well.
- Now that I’ve made my own peanut butter & jelly cake I’m excited to find others. This one is made with Kool-Aid mix. What?! I Bake He Shoots and Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen, respectively.
- Never thought to combine pumpkin and white chocolate in a pie. Intrigued, indeed. Food & Wine
- I will make this Sprinkle Cake. PBS
- I’ve never made semolina cake before. Perhaps, it’s time I do. Out Of The Ordinary
I’m off to procure an insane amount of candy. I’ll trust you to do the same. Thanks for stopping by, friends.
If you want to grow up big and strong, sweet pea, you have to eat your candy.
Amy Krouse Rosenthal