I’m not feelin’ this summer.
It’s not the heat (although I’m not a big fan of heat), it’s the humidity. Humidity is not really a thing in L.A., but for some reason it’s here and it brought along it’s best friend, the mosquito. The humidity is bad enough, but waking up every morning with mosquito bites? Unacceptable! Therefore, I’ve been soothing my pain with my new favorite cocktail: Bourbon Arnold Palmer.
Let me make something clear…the Bourbon Arnold Palmer will not soothe the welts on your skin, but it will keep you calm so you don’t angry-buy every bug zapper/spray/net available on Amazon.
If you’ll excuse me, I’m off to make some more. I feel my mosquito-rage rising.
Recipe for Bourbon Arnold Palmer
Recipe for Bourbon Arnold Palmer adapted from Food Network
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 6 to 8 lemons), plus lemon slices for serving
- 1½ cups bourbon
- mint for garnish, optional
- Place 4 tea bags in a large heatproof pitcher.
- Pour in 5 cups boiling water. Set timer for 10 minutes and let steep. Discard tea bags.
- Refrigerate the tea.
- Place sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
- Combine 1 cup of the sugar syrup, the lemon juice, 5 cups cold water and bourbon into the chilled tea.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour Bourbon Arnold Palmer into glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
- Enjoy with a smile on your face.