November is here! So it’s finally getting a little chilly-which means it dipped into the 70s for a minute during the day. I was oh-so happy because I got to wear my chunky red scarf for once. Of course, it’s gets a bit colder at night which means it’s time for almost everyone’s favorite-hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate straight-up is great but isn’t that much better with a shot of bourbon? Remember back when you were eight and your mom would bring you a cup of bourbon hot chocolate, snuggle up real close, and read you a bedtime story? Ah, good times.
Well this time the alcohol is ingested via a bourbon hot chocolate bundt cake. It will warm your belly with the help of a chocolate bourbon glaze. Makes me think of that famous quote by Samuel Taylor Coleridge:
Bourbon, bourbon everywhere and not a drop to drink.
Wait. I don’t think that’s right. I think that’s the bourbon talking. While it is, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Tara from Noshing with the Noland for hosting this month’s #BundtBakers theme-you may have already guessed it: Hot Chocolate.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
So what do you like to put in your hot chocolate? Amaretto? Peanut butter? Swirls of Nutella? I’m sure my friends will have something you’ll definitely fancy. Be sure to check out their bundts, as well. Cheers!
Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Faith Hope Love & Luck
Aztec Hot Chocolate Bundt by I Sugar Coat It
Baileys Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Vintage Kitchen
Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
Carob Hot Chocolate Cake by A Kingdom for A Cake
Chocolate and Tiffany’s Bundt Cake by La Mejor Manera de Hacer
Chocolate Chips Orange Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
Mocha Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Godiva Hot Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes by Our Good Life
Hot Chocolate and Caramel Bundt Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
Hot (Chocolate) Buttered Rum Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
Hot Chocolate Habanero Bundt Cake by Brunch with Joy
Hot Chocolate Lavender Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
Irish Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by From Gate to Plate
Kahlua Drenched Dark Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
Nutella y Toffee Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
Orange Pisco White Chocolate Bundt by Food Lust People Love
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cake by The Spiced Life
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Bundt by Tartacadabra
Toffee Chip Hot Chocolate Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
Venetian Drinking Chocolate Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt by Noshing With The Nolands
White Hot Chocolate Pound Cake My Catholic Kitchen
Recipe for Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
Recipe for Bourbon Hot Chocolate bundt adapted from Epicurious
Bourbon Chocolate Glaze adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
- 1½ cups coffee
- ½ cup American whiskey
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Chocolate Bourbon Glaze
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of Bourbon (I used Jim Beam)
- Place rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Coat 10 cup bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- On medium-low heat whisk coffee, bourbon, butter and cocoa powder until the butter has melted in a pan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Whisk until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Let chocolate mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla. Add to the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined. (Don't worry if it's bubbly.)
- Pour batter into the prepare bundt pan.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove and let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes. Let cake completely cool on a rack.
- Glaze, if desired. (See Notes)