Happy New Year, Everybody!
How’s everyone doing? Did you make any crazy resolutions, like:
- Stop putting on eyeliner while I’m driving, or
- Stop eating tacos while I’m driving, or
- Don’t stop eating tacos while I’m driving
I’m not saying I need to do these things. I’m just saying they might be pertinent to my safety on the road.
Perhaps I should substitute the tacos for these vegan peanut butter chocolate bars. Yes?
They’re crazy easy to make and quite delicious. All you need is 5 ingredients, an 8 x 8 inch pan, and a refrigerator and you’re done. Oh…and a microwave. Easy, right?
That’s it! I’m putting them on my New Year’s Resolutions list. Although, I probably shouldn’t eat them in my car.
Recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Bare adapted from The Joy of Vegan Baking
Post contains affiliate link
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal, crushed, 100 grams
- 1½ cups natural peanut butter, 390 grams
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 240 grams
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons non hydrogenated vegan butter, melted and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nondairy semisweet chocolate, 180 grams
- Butter a 8x8 inch pan and line with parchment that hangs over the rim of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice cereal, powdered sugar, peanut butter, ½ cup (113 grams) of the melted vegan butter and vanilla.
- Press mixture into the prepared ban.
- Make it as flat as possible.
- Place semisweet chocolate chips in a small bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons (27 grams) of vegan butter.
- Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to melt chocolate in 30 second bursts until almost completely melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until set.
- When the bars are set, lift from the pan using the parchment overhang, and cut into 12 squares.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.