I’m feeling overwhelmed.
With all the personal work, school work, Clabber Girl work and volunteer work I’ve been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I’ve been busy before but for some reason, I’m not handling it so well this time around. My brain is saying “kick it into high gear and start getting stuff done!” even though my body is like.”just take a nap, dude; everything’s gonna be alright.”
If I choose “nap” then I’d like to have a piece of No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie or a few of these Salted Chocolate Wheat Cookies before I get started. This cookie bestows you with a warmth and comfort, like only chocolate can provide. It’s like getting a hug from your favorite person in the world…except this hug will make your skinny jeans a little tight.
I”m fried. I’ve already consumed half my body weight in salted chocolate wheat cookies. As a result, I’ve gone up one size in the “skinny jeans” department.
Oh well…I had to do what I had to do.
Recipe for Salted Chocolate Wheat Cookies
- ½ pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Chocolate Glaze
- ¼ pound bittersweet chocolate
- Maldon or flaky salt for sprinkling (I used Fleur de sel)
- Place bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in 30 second bursts until chocolate is almost fully melted.
- Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine wheat flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Place eggs in bowl and whisk in a stand mixer until fluffy and lightly colored, adding sugar a little at time. It should take about 6 minutes.
- Now that the chocolate has cooled, add it to the egg/sugar mixture along with the vanilla. mix until fully combine.
- Add the flour mixture and combine until the dough is uniform in color, scraping down the bowl when needed.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- While the dough chills preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 30 minutes, scoop the dough into 18 balls. The dough is a bit wet so if you have gloves, use them.
- Bake for about 13 minutes.
- Let cool.
- While the cookies cool, melt chocolate in a shallow glass in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip cookies half-way into the melted chocolate.
- Salt cookies while the chocolate is still wet.
- Keep in the fridge for 1 week.